A Heron's Anniversary Visit

It was on Saturday 15 June last year that I reported Sighting A Heron for the first time and looking as if it thought our lake was a good place to try for a meal. Here, a little more than a year later, was another, standing in the very same place, and at much the same time of day. I haven't seen one at the lake-side since, although it is not that rare to see them overhead.

Heron On A Fishing Stand
Of course, all the same photographic problems of distance and shaky camera remained and the pictures this time are of no better quality then last years, but much of the purpose of this blog is to record when I saw what and less to capture great shots