Adult Swan Visits Again

It was shortly before 14:00 that I realised the adult swan, presumably the same one that Appeared On Saturday, was back, but possibly not as it was behaving a little differently.

This time he (or is it she?) came as close as possible to the house and apart from seeming to be enjoying snacking on the duck weed also appeared particularly tame and not in the least put off by my taking a number of photographs.

Adult Swan

Adult Swan

Adult Swan
I'm not certain if this lack of concern reflects the time of year. In spring swans can certainly be far more aggressive, but normally it is fairly obvious why. They are being protective of their mate or young.