Dragonflies Are Still About

It was a beautiful warm afternoon and Diana and I were taking a tea break at around 14:50. There were dragonflies about so I had my camera with me. I only had to walk a few feet down the path beside the house before I found my first one, a Southern Hawker...

Southern Hawker
Diana called me back when she noticed a Brown Hawker settled on the wall beside the lounge patio doors.

Brown Hawker
Both of these creatures are impressively large and it made a change to see them settled. Almost all the hawkers that I have photographed earlier in the year have been on the wing or rather far away when there is little chance of getting a sharp image.