Duck House In Use And Gardening Planting

Opening the curtains this morning it was to see the duck house in use. Perhaps not "in use" so much as  taken advantage of or being inspected. I'm never sure if I do want to ducks to nest in it. It would seem so unnatural.

Duck House with Ducks
To me it looks much more the size of a kennel than somewhere that ducks would find cosy. That may be why I can't recall ever seeing ducks go inside, although the Canada Geese most certainly do. We've also once spotted an otter on the ramp outside.

Flowerbed Prepared
This afternoon we began work on sorting out the flowerbeds at the front of the house. The brick edging was something that was put in last October when we had the concrete pad laid ready for the garage which we plan to have built. As you can see from the mug near the door step, I was on a tea break when this photo was taken.

Flowerbed to be Prepared
The other half of the bed was still to be prepared, but it was done by the end of the day.