Now Ducks Go Walkabout!

After yesterday's post describing a Walkabout by a Swan, today it seemed to be the turn of a family of ducks.

Ducks on the Path
At around 08:50 three were spotted making their way along the grass path towards the house, following the same route as the swan had yesterday.

Ducks on the Path
However, unlike yesterday, it turned out that these seemed to know what they were doing. The leader took a right turn through the longer grass and the others soon followed. It seemed they just wanted to get to the dyke separating our property from the neighbour's.

So much for my hope of it being evidence for a strange new cross-species pattern of behaviour!