Seeds On The Lake

It was around 17:30 that I decided it was time to pop outside and take this photograph of an unusual white sheen on the surface of the water, caused it seems by some tree shedding its seed which, as so often happens, had then been blown into our end of the lake.

Seeds On The Lake

Swan
After that, we took a stroll around the whole grounds, finding our young resident swan preening itself by one of the cottages. This is the same bird that has been with us most of the summer. I wish I knew more of their behaviour and wonder how they go about finding a mate.