"Our" Swans - A Pair?

I've been reporting on Our "Resident" Cygnet, Its Walk About, and the Visiting Adult Swan for a number of months. Today, for the first, time they have been together. At least, I assume it's our two regular visiting birds. I'm not skilled enough to identify individual swans yet.

A Pair Of Swans

A Pair Of Swans
They were feeding on the weed amongst the lilies just behind the house at around 09:15 and stayed all day. I took a photograph of them again at around 13:10 and showing that one prompts me to post two further pictures of the lake taken over the last fortnight in order to study the progress of autumn.

Lake View

Lake View
These first of these two was taken on 27 September, two days after the previous image that I posted, the second, two days ago. Now we have the one taken at lunchtime today...

Lake View
The progression of the leaf drop from the trees is clear. But so is the steady reduction in lily leaves on the lake surface. Perhaps the most remarkable bit is that the last two images are only two days apart. Such is autumn!

But isn't it great to the the swans!